The Young Statisticians (YS) Division of the Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research (VvS+OR) are founded on May 3 2011 in LUMC Leiden with the goal to
“provide a platform for Young Statisticians in order to:
- broaden their professional network,
- promote the field of statistics,
- get to know what can be done with statistics in society as well as in science”.
Statistics is a broad discipline. Within the YS division we would like to broaden our knowledge of statistics and discuss with others the "where" and "how" statistic ought to be applied both in practice and science.
We are a platform that facilitates Young Statisticians to meet each other, companies, and research institutes within the Netherlands. At the date of January 1, 2012, we have ±90 members of which ±20 are active. These master-students, PhD-candidates, Post-Doc researchers, consultants have an age range from 20 years old to 35 years and come from diverse disciplines.
Some interesting things:
- For the real diehards, please click here to see our strategy plan and the agendas of the meetings we had up till now.
- Read the story of Corine Baayen written, on request of STAtOR, about her experience as a member of the Young Statisticians of the VvS+OR up till February 2012, click here.
- follow us on:
Remarks on this WWW page may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of last change: June 29, 2012