Come to our Annual Meeting
7th of March 2013
Don't forget to register in time for the VvS+OR Annual Meeting on Data Visualization. The deadline is set at March 14.
7th of March 2013
The agenda and the documents of the Annual General Meeting can be found online
17th of February 2013
The Karl Pearson Prize, established by the ISI, will recognize a research contribution that has had profound influence on statistical theory, methodology, practice, or applications.
17th of January 2013
Register before March 14 for the Annual Meeting 2013 on Data Visualization!
1st of January 2013
The board of the VvS+OR would like to wish you, our valued readers, a very Happy New Year!
See all news
||Netherlands Forensic Institute
||20th of August 2012 tot 24th of August 2012
6th European Academy of Forensic Science Conference
From August 20-24th, 2012 the Netherlands Forensic Institute will host the EAFS2012. This is the largest European forensic conference and will be visited by roughly 800 forensic experts from all over the world. One of the five themes is forensic statistics: "strength of forensic evidence". This theme covers the following topics:
- Methodological aspects of evidence interpretation, e.g.: combining evidence, context bias, causality, decision theory perspective, use of Bayesian networks;
- Statistical aspects of evidence evaluation, e.g.: quantifying and reporting evidential strength, validating Likelihood Ratio methods, dealing with measurement uncertainty, sampling issues;
- Communication, e.g.: reporting evidence, consultancy skills of forensic statisticians, teaching evidence interpretation;
- Studies of cases in which some of the above issues, or strongly related issues, featured prominently;
- Cross-fertilisation: applications of forensic evidence interpretation in non-forensic fields, and the use of probabilistic methods used in other fields for forensic science
The intended audience will know the basic principles of evidence interpretation and statistics but have a mixed background otherwise. Posters may be highly advanced/specialised. Contributions present new views, practical problems, or set out lines of future research.
The venue is the Haagse Hoge School in the city of The Hague.
Please check the website (http://www.eafs2012.eu/) for more details and to register and submit abstracts.
Show whole calendar
| || || |
21st of May 2013 - 23rd of May 2013 Read more...
View all calendar items