VvS+OR Register of Biostatisticians
Employers, government institutions and society at large increasingly make demands on biostatisticians who set up and analyse biological, medical and agricultural research. For this reason the VvS+OR, in cooperation with BMS-ANed, inaugurated the Register of Biostatisticians in 1999. This register guarantees that a biostatistician – in the opinion of the occupational group of statisticians in the Netherlands – has sufficient theoretical knowledge and experience to be able to function as an independent biostatistician. For more information, see the site of the biometric section at the registration menu, click here.
Statistical Analyst A-VVS
Direct offered courses by the VvS+OR are not continued. However, the VvS+OR, recognizes courses as equivalent to the level of "Statistical Analyst-A VVS". The society lists these VvS+OR candidates who have met the specified requirements of these courses, to the "Statistical Analyst-A VVS' register. Then, these canidates receive the "Statistical Analyst-A VVS" certificate together with the course diploma. The Statistical Analyst-A register is available at the VvS+OR secretary.
The board of the registration committee Statistical Analyst A-VVS consists of the following persons:
- Prof. Dr Alfred Stein (ITC - Chairman)
- Prof. Dr William Albers (UT - member)
- Dr Bert van Es (UVA - member)
The recognized courses:
- Statistical Analyst A-VVS, NHL
- Business Mathematics, Hoogeschool van Amsterdam
- Business Mathematics Academy of Engineering, The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Tilburg Business Mathematics, Fontys University of Applied Sciences.
- Mathematics and Applications (Information techonology), Inholland University of Applied Sciences Amsterdam / Diemen